Sri Sri Ramkrishna Paramhansa Dev opened Shivashakti Annapurna Mandir at Barrackpore (Titagarh) 20 years after the establishment of Dakshineswar Kali Temple. Lokmata Rani Rashmoni’s youngest daughter Jagadamba Devi established Shivashakti Annapurna Temple at the extreme point of Titagarh on the eastern banks of Hooghly River near Rashmoni Ganga Ghat in Barrackpore. Annapurna Temple of Titagarh (Barrackpore) is a replica of Dakshineswar Kali Mandir.
When you first time see this Annapurna Temple; you will surely think about Dakshineswar Kali Temple. Thus, in so many Bengali films we have seen this temple. Yes, it’s a film shooting spot as well. Few scenes of Tollywood movie Sedin Dekha Hoyechilo [starring Dev, Srabanti, Tapas Pal] were shot here at Annapurna Temple which looks like Dakshineswar Kali Mandir. Let’s check out few more details of Shivashakti Annapurna Mandir of Titagarh (Barrackpore) below.
Shivshakti Annapurna Temple, Titagarh, Barrackpore (Kolkata)
• Significance of Shivshakti Annapurna Temple, Titagarh, Barrackpore (Kolkata): - Let’s check out why Shivshakti Annapurna Temple of Titagarh, Barrackpore (Kolkata) is famous (popular) and attracts tourists. Shivashakti Annapurna Temple of Barrackpore was established on 12th April 1875 [30th Chaitra, 1281] 20 years after of the establishment of Dakshineswar Kali Temple by Jagadamba Devi. Jagadamba Devi, founder of Annapurna Mandir, was the youngest daughter of Lokmata Rani Rashmoni and wife of Mathuramohan Biswas. Dakshineswar Kali temple look like Annapurna Temple of Barrackpore is situated near Rani Rashmoni Ganga Ghat and was opened by the Sri Sri Ramakrishna Paramhansa Dev. Both, Dakshineswar Kali Temple and this Annapurna Temple of Titagarh were built by same craftsmen with few differences. After seeing this Annapurna Temple of Barrackpore; you will think about Dakshineswar Kali Temple because of same architecture, Natmandir, Shiv Mandir etc. But, Annapurna Temple of Titagarh is slightly tall than Dakshineswar Kali Temple in height. Inside the temple; instead of Bhabatarini Maa Kali you will see Maa Annapurna Idol (Astodhatu made of). Six Shiv Ji temples and one Natmandir (not huge as Dakshineswar Kali Temple) are there inside Annapurna Mandir complex.
• Shivshakti Annapurna Temple, Titagarh, Barrackpore (Kolkata) Opening & Closing Timings: - Shivashakti Annapurna Temple opens till 12:30pm from 5:30am and till 8pm from 4pm during summer. In the winter months; Annapurna Mandir of Titagarh remains open till 1pm from 6am and 8pm from 3:30pm.
• Best time to visit Shivshakti Annapurna Temple, Titagarh, Barrackpore (Kolkata): - Mandir opens daily; so you can go there any day. But, on special days like Annapurna Puja, Shiva Puja etc. special puja happens and people gather in numbers. Suggesting you to visit Titagarh Annapurna Temple, which looks like Dakshineswar Kali Temple, in the afternoon in summer season and anytime you want in winter season.
• Nearby places to visit from Shivshakti Annapurna Temple, Titagarh, Barrackpore (Kolkata): - There are few tourist spots located near Titagarh Annapurna Temple – Gandhi Ghat of Barrackpore (10 minutes away), Jawahar Kunj (15 minutes far), Mangal Pandey Park of Barrackpore (30 minutes away) and Gandhi Museum in Barrackpore. We are suggesting you visiting all these beautiful places in a single day in winter season.
• How to go to Shivshakti Annapurna Temple? Route map of Shivshakti Annapurna Temple, Titagarh, Barrackpore (Kolkata): - Now, let’s discuss where is Shivshakti Annapurna Temple, Titagarh, Barrackpore (Kolkata) and which route to follow to go to Shivshakti Annapurna Temple. It’s very easy to go to Annapurna Temple of Titagarh of North Kolkata from anywhere by train or bus route. Those coming by train, should get down at Barrackpore Railway Station and from there should take Auto Rickshaw to Shivashakti Annapurna Temple, which is located at Talpukur Bus Stop. People coming by Bus or personal Car should come to Talpukur More bus stoppage on B.T. Road and from there take the road going towards Rashmoni Ghat. Rickshaw service is available from Talpukur Bus Stoppage on B.T. Road towards Annapurna Temple.
Address of Shivashakti Annapurna Temple, Titagarh, Kolkata: Sri Shivshakti Annapurna Temple, Park Road, P.O.: Talpukur, Barrackpore, Kolkata, District: North 24 Paraganas, West Bengal.
• Accommodations near Shivshakti Annapurna Temple, Titagarh, Barrackpore (Kolkata): - Now, let’s check out hotels, lodges, or any kind of rooms on rent are available or not near to Shivshakti Annapurna Temple. Those who want to stay nearby Titagarh Annapurna Mandir will get accommodation at Barrackpore, where lodges, guest houses & hotels are.
Many film directors & producers choose this Annapurna Temple [replica of Dakshineswar Kali Temple] for film shooting because they are getting same picture like Dakshineswar Kali Mandir. So, don’t forget to visit Shivashakti Annapurna Temple of Barrackpore (Titagarh) to see the 2nd Dakshineswar Kali Temple in Kolkata.
Those who want to give puja at Shivashakti Annapurna Temple of Titagarh (Barrackpore) or want to know the process of booking for film shooting at Titagarh Annapurna Mandir, are requested to call 033-2501-0998 / 09433804322 phone numbers.