People near by Garia, Ruby, Kasba & E.M. Bypass has now the facility to practice and to learn outdoor & indoor games in their own area. Yes, the project of Kasba Stadium of Kolkata, which was started in March 2009, has finally completed in 2011. 57.5 meter long Kasba Stadium Kolkata (Gitanjali Sporting Complex) has been developed by KMDA & Public Private Partnership (PPP) and nearly 25-Crore spent to create the world-class multi sporting play ground at Kasba, which is known as Gitanjali Sporting Complex (Stadium) Kolkata.
Gitanjali Sports Stadium Kolkata Features & Facilities:
1. Total seating capacity (audience capacity) of Gitanjali Sports Complex Kolkata Stadium is around 4000.
2. Separate space for Indoor Games, Gymnasium, Player’s changing rooms and other essential facilities available at Gitanjali Stadium Kolkata.
3. Player’s Canteen, Audience Canteen & Car parking area is there for both players and audiences at Kolkata’s new Sporting complex Gitanjali.
4. Latest equipped Fire protection & accidental case protection system is there at Gitanjali Sporting Complex (Stadium) Kolkata.
5. Underground water removing system developed at Kolkata’s newest Sporting Stadium Gitanjali Kolkata.
6. Gitanjali Sporting Complex, Kolkata will be used for sports like Cricket, Football (Soccer) & other outdoor games.
Gitanjali Stadium Kasba Kolkata Address Location Landmark: Near E.M. Bypass, Rajdanga, Kasba, Kolkata-107.
Chief Minister of West Bengal, Ms. Mamata Banerjee has inaugurated the newest Sporting Complex of Kolkata located at Kasba named ‘Gitanjali Stadium’ (also known as Kasba Stadium) on 9th August 2011 at 6pm in the presence of Shri Madan Mitra (Sports Minister of Bengal), Shri Shovan Chattopadhyay (Kolkata Mayor), Shri Firhad Hakim, Javed Ahmed Khan, Sushanta Kr Ghosh and others.