Kolkata Book fair route map, Kolkata book fair bus route, Kolkata book fair timings, kolkata boi mela venue, how to go to kolkata book fair, kolkata boi mela route to follow, new books in kolkata book fair 2013, names of mamata banerjee books in 2013 Kolkata Book Fair.
The 37th Kolkata Book Fair (Kolkata Pustak Mela 2013) has been inaugurated by renowned Novelist Professor Anisujjaman from Bangladesh in the presence of Honourable Chief Minister of West Bengal Mamata Banerjee, Honourable Finance Minister of Bangladesh Abul Mal Abdul Muhit and other ministers of West Bengal & authors on 26th January 2013 at 5:30pm.
37th Kolkata Book Fair has started its 37th year on & from 26th January 2013 and will end on 10th February 2013. This year, the Kolkata Pustak Mela gets few days extra and this will surely help people to come, check & buy books. Let's check few details of 2013 Kolkata Book Fair (Pustak Mela) below.
2013 Kolkata Book Fair Details
- 37th Kolkata Book Fair Date: - 26th January to 10th February 2013.
- 37th Kolkata Book Fair 2013 Entry Time: - 12pm to 8pm [Weekdays] and 12pm to 9pm [Holidays].
- 37th Kolkata Book Fair 2013 Venue / Location: - Milan Mela Complex, E.M. Bypass, Kolkata.
- 37th Kolkata Book Fair 2013 Entry Ticket Price: - No Tickets required for entering in to Kolkata Book Fair.
- 37th Kolkata Book Fair 2013 Organizer: - Publishers & Booksellers Guild, Guild House, 2B Jhamapukur Lane, Kolkata-9 [Phone: 033-2354-4417] in association with Government of West Bengal.
- 37th Kolkata Book Fair 2013 Theme Country: - Bangladesh.
- 37th Kolkata Book Fair 2013 Details: - Kolkata Book Fair is not at all restricted to Kolkata & Bengal Book Publishers. International Book Publishers also participates in Kolkata Book Fair and showcase books of different languages as well. Britain, Vietnam, USA, Turkey, Peru, China, Japan, Israel, Bangladesh, & many other countries have their Book Stalls in 2013 Kolkata Book Fair along with Indian & West Bengal publishers. A special pavilion is made to show respect to Sunil Gangopadhyay whom we lost last year. During the opening ceremony of 2013 Kolkata Book Fair few new books has been published & will be available for the readers in fair. Here are few names of those published books & CDs -
- Se Nei by Mamata Banerjee - A book of Poetry written by Mamata Banerjee.
- Pachander Kabita by Mamata Banerjee - A book of poems of Mamata Banerjee published by Deys Prakasani.
- 100 Pictures & 100 Poems by Mamata Banerjee.
- Ek Palak E Ek Jhalak by Mamata Banerjee - A book published by Deys Prakasani.
- Poetry CD of Mamata Banerjee - A CD contains 30 poems of Mamata Banerjee. Voice by Sutapa Bandopadhyay & music by Tejendra Narayan Majumdar.
- Ray by Tarapada Bandyopadhyay - Collection of Satyajit Ray's photos by photographer Tarapada Bandopadhyay. To help the people coming to Kolkata Book Fair; there is a subway [Underpass] developed from Science City to Book Fair (Milan Mela complex). It means, an extra Entry Gate is there at Science City that uses this newly made underpass (subway) to Book Fair ground. This newly made underpass (Subway) name is 'Boi Mela Sarani'. One more good news to all book-lovers that few Kolkata Book Fair Special Buses will be available at various locations in Kolkata & Howrah. People will get the facility to come to Kolkata Book Fair for free (no bus ticket) by these Kolkata Boi Mela Special Buses.
- 37th Kolkata Book Fair 2013 Route to follow: - How to go to Kolkata Book Fair? What is the route to follow to reach Kolkata Book Fair? People from North Kolkata / North Suburban areas are requested to come to Bidhannagar Railway Station (Ultadanga) by trains towards Sealdah. From Bidhannagar (Ultadanga) you will get so many buses & taxis towards Milan Mela Ground (Book Fair). People coming from South Kolkata / South Suburban should get buses towards 'Chingi Ghata' on EM Bypass and get down at Book Fair Bus Stoppage. For further details please call 033-4069-5100 number between 8am to 8pm or visit www.kolkatabookfair.net website.