West Bengal Civil Service Commission conducts WBCS Examination every year for the recruitment of staffs & officers in 20 departments of West Bengal State Government. This is why the WBCS Examination pattern & selection process is a bit hard to get success. But good preparation along with proper guidance can make you successful with ease. Let’s check out what is WBCS Examination, Question pattern of WBCS Examination is and what are the criteria for appearing in WBCS Examination below.
WBCS Examination Criteria Syllabus Jobs & Online Application Process
• What are the Groups / Categories of WBCS Examination & What are the job positions?
If you want to know what types of jobs you will get if you able to qualify in WBCS Examination then let me tell you after qualifying / passing WBCS Examination you would get one of the following jobs. There are 4 Groups of WBCS Examination – Group A, Group B, Group C & Group D. Let’s check out what types of jobs are there in these four groups of WBCS.
- Group A Jobs after WBCS Examination: West Bengal Civil Service (Executive) Jobs, West Bengal Agricultural Income Tax Service jobs, West Bengal Excise Service Jobs, West Bengal Co-operative Service jobs, West Bengal Labor Service jobs, West Bengal Food & Supply Service jobs, West Bengal Employment Service jobs, West Bengal Registration & Stamp service jobs. The starting salary in this Group is Rs.21000/- per month.
- Group B Jobs after WBCS Examination: West Bengal Police Service (DSP) jobs will be available and the starting salary is Rs.21000/- per month in this group.
- Group C Jobs after WBCS Examination: Joint Block Development Officer Jobs, Deputy Assistant Director of Consumer Affairs & Fair Business Practice jobs, West Bengal Junior Social Welfare Service jobs, West Bengal sub-ordinate & Revenue Service (Grade-1) jobs, Assistant Commercial Tax Officer Jobs, Assistant Cannel Revenue Service jobs, Chief Controller of Correctional Service jobs. The starting salary is Rs.13400/- - Rs.14930/- per month.
- Group D jobs after WBCS Examination: Inspector of Co-operative Society, Panchayat Development Officer, Rehabilitation Officer Jobs. The starting salary would be Rs.12270/- per month.
All the employees will get DA, Medical charges and accommodation charges along with their monthly salary. So, without wasting much time apply for WBCS Examination.
• WBCS Examination Eligibility Criteria Requirements & Minimum Qualifications: -
Are you not sure whether you can appear in WBCS examination or not? Do you want to know the minimum qualification required for applying WBCS Examination? Any Graduates (10+2+3 – With or Without Honors) are eligible as per the educational qualification criteria for WBCS Examination. There is an upper age limitation for applying to WBCS Examination and that is 32-years (Upper Age). Remember, the Upper Age should be equal or less than 32-years and Minimum Age should be 21 years of more. Minimum age should be 20 or more only for WBCS Group ‘B’ category. SC/ST/OBC candidates will have the pleasure of 5-years relaxation for all categories of WBCS examination.
• WBCS Examination Syllabus & Question Format?
Now, let’s check out the Selection Process through WBCS Examination and the pattern of question papers of WBCS Examination. West Bengal Civil Service Commission follows three steps to select right candidate – Preliminary WBCS Examination, Main WBCS Examination and Interview Round. First examination called WBCS Preliminary Examination which is a MCQ type 200 marks exam (duration 2:30hrs). WBCS Preliminary Examination Syllabus – General English, Indian History, Indian National Movement, Geography, General Knowledge & Current Affairs, Indian Constitution & Economy etc. There is Negative marking for wrong answer in Preliminary WBCS Exam. Those who qualifies in the Preliminary Exam are called for WBCS Main Examination which is a descriptive type exam of 100 marks (duration 2 hours). The Syllabus of WBCS Main Examination – Bengali, English, Arithmetic & Mental Ability, Indian Economy & Five Year Planning & Constitution, General Knowledge & Current Affairs. The last one is Interview round which is of 200 marks (100 marks of Group D category).
You can apply for WBCS Examination Online through www.pscwb.org.in website of Public Service Commisison of West Bengal.
Search tags: WBCS Examination Eligiblity Criteria Qualification age requirements, WBCS exam question papers sample wbcs exam pattern, Syllabus of WBCS examination, jobs salary after WBCS Exam, WBCS examiantion online application form download process details of WBCS Exam.