No need to wait in long queue anymore for collecting & submitting the Passport Application Form. Yes, Indian Government has started the Online Application Process for Passport Issuing from 23rd November 2011. In this new Online Passport Application System, Indian Citizens can download e-Forms of Passport Application and can submit online. Along with Online Passport Application System, Indian Government has also started Toll Free Passport Helpline Number (Call Centre number – 1800-258-1800) to help the Passport Applicants with various information about Online Passport Application System and already applied Passport Application Status.
Passport Online Application Process
Indian Government has started the new facility to the Indian Citizens to apply for Passport Online from now onwards. Those who want to apply for Passport Online should follow these below mentioned steps for online Passport Application –
1. First browse (open) the www.passportindia.gov.in website which is the Official Website of Indian Government for Online Passport Application Process. Don’t apply from any other websites which can be fake.
2. If you are new user then you need to create your own Account at www.passportindia.gov.in website. So, create an User ID and Password.
3. Now, you are eligible to apply for Passport Online. Fill up the Online Passport Application Form and Submit. You may also Download Passport Application e-From Online and after filling up the downloaded form you can upload the filled e-Form for Passport Application Online.
4. Enter the Timings & Date Schedule for Interview as per your & Passport Office availability. Note down the Application Reference Number (ARN) which will be given while you submit the Application Form of Passport online only. This ARN (Application Reference Number) requires during interview schedule.
5. Carry all original documents and Xerox copies of documents (requires) along with Photographs to the mentioned Passport Seva Kendra (PSK) on the schedule date & time with ARN number.
6. The applicants can call 1800-258-1800 (Toll Free Passport Helpline Number – lines are available between 8am to 10pm except public holidays) to know the Status of Online Passport Application and you may also check the status of your Passport Application Online at www.passportindia.gov.in website as well.
Important Information about Online Application for Passport
On & from 23rd November 2011, the facility of online application for Passport has been available and thus few important things (information) should be known to all applicants who apply for passport online and those not applying online for passport service.
1. Only the pre-scheduled applicants will be allowed for interview during Passport Issue Process. Only for emergency cases RPO (Regional Passport Office) may allow applicants who are not listed in the published appointment chart for interview schedule.
2. The Passport Helpline Phone number (1800-258-1800) has no information about your (who applied offline / old process) Passport Application Status. Those who applied for Passport through the older processes are not eligible to know Passport Application Status from Helpline number (Passport Call Centre Number).
3. The Passport Application (Registration) Fee will not change. It will remain unchanged.
4. As per the Online Passport Application System, applications can be submitted at Passport Seva Kendra of Kolkata but as per the rule of Offline (other than Online) passport application system, applications can only be submitted at Regional Passport Office.
Here are the details of Passport Seva Kendra (Passport Seva Centers) of Kolkata (West Bengal) and the details of Regional Passport Office Kolkata (RPO) to help applicants of Kolkata & Bengal to get new Passport Online.