Thanks to West Bengal State Government and Cart Air Company it will take only 25-30 minutes to reach Digha Sea Beach Tourist Spot from Kolkata. Yes, during the Railway Ministry Ms. Mamata Banerjee had started Howrah-Digha Duranta Express Train for the people who love to have a weekend tour but avoid Digha for long bus route from Kolkata to save important time. Now, as a Chief Minister of West Bengal (Paschimbanga), Ms. Mamata Banerjee & WB State Tourism Department permitted Cart Air Company to start Helicopter Service between Kolkata – Digha.
Cart Air has planned to inaugurate this new Helicopter Service from Kolkata to Digha on 5th December 2011 through the hands of Paschimbanga CM Mamata Banerjee. Kolkata-Digha Helicopter fare will be Rs.2000/- per passenger and could able to carry six passengers. Though the ticket price of Kolkata-Digha Helicopter service is a bit higher, but it’s expected to attract passengers because of the lesser time & comfortable journey to Digha from Kolkata by Air route.
The Helicopter Service from Kolkata to Digha can also be booked (hire) from Kolkata to Mandarmani or Shankarpur Beach Tourist spots of West Bengal as well. Since, there is no confirm airlines route between Kolkata & Digha; thus people can book this Copters, capable of carry 6-people, to tour Mandarmoni / Shankarpur as well. As per the news from Cart Air Company that there won’t be any problem to land the Helicopters on the sea beach of Digha. Remember, Kolkata – Digha Helicopter Route is going to be from Behala Airport and not from Kolkata International Airport. However, if few passengers coming from other state & want to go Digha by Helicopter then it could be arranged from Kolkata Airport with prior booking & intimation.
Kolkata-Digha Helicopter Route Service Fare Timings
• Helicopter Fare Kolkata – Digha: The ticket price of Kolkata Digha Helicopter Service is Rs.2000/-.
• Number of seats available in each helicopter between Kolkata & Digha is 6.
• Where from Kolkata-Digha Helicopter will be available? This new air route between Kolkata & Digha will be available from Behala Airport (South 24-Pgs / South Kolkata) and will be landing on Digha Sea Beach.
• Timings of Kolkata Digha Helicopter Route: The copters will take only 25-30 minutes to reach Digha from Behala Airport, Kolkata.
• How to buy tickets of Kolkata Digha Helicopters? People who want to book seats of Kolkata-Digha Helicopter can buy helicopter tickets from Cart Air Kolkata Office or from Cart Air official website online.
People of Kolkata, Howrah & nearby area will be facilitated to this new Helicopter Route to Digha from Kolkata that will take only 25 minutes to reach Digha from Kolkata from December 2011. West Bengal Government and Cart Air Company is planning to introduce few more helicopter routes from Kolkata to Haldia – Durgapur – Asansol, Maldah – Murshidabad, and also in between Darjeeling – Gangtok. Though the helicopter fare is on higher side, still these helicopter routes will help people to save time & to have comfortable journey when needed.