Details of Mangal Pandey Park, Barrackpore, Kolkata – how to go to Mangal Pandey Park, Barrackpore, Kolkata, best time to visit Mangal Pandey Park Barrackpore, Kolkata when to go, where to stay at Mangal Pandey Park, Barrackpore, Kolkata, opening & closing time of Mangal Pandey Park, Barrackpore, Kolkata entry timings, places to visit near Mangal Pandey Park, Barrackpore, Kolkata sightseeing tourist spots. All details about Mangal Pandey Park, Barrackpore, Kolkata.
Are you looking for safe & secure place in North Kolkata to spend time with your beloved one? Do you want to know where you can go with your loved one for spending time without any outside disturbance in North Kolkata? The answer is ‘Mangal Pandey Park’, ideal place for lovers. Beside Ganga on Cantonment Road in Barrackpore this Mangal Pandey Park is situated, where lovers & couples come to spend quality time with their partner.
Mangal Pandey Park, Barrackpore, Kolkata
• Significance of Mangal Pandey Park, Barrackpore, Kolkata: - Let’s check out why Mangal Pandey Park of Barrackpore, Kolkata is famous (popular) and attracts tourists. A Park in the memory of Mangal Pandey was established in 1978 on the eastern bank of River Ganga in Barrackpore sub-divisional town of North 24-Parganas (now included in Kolkata district). Mangal Pandey, an Indian Soldier was the first man in India who revolt against British power. Shaheed Mangal Pandey, Sipahi (Sepoy) in the 34th Bengal Native Infantry (BHI) Regiment of the British East India Company, attacked British officers & was hanged.
Barrackpore Mangal Pandey Udyan (Park) is mostly visited by unmarried & married couples. A beautiful park beside Ganga river ideal hangout place for couples but not suitable for family as 'hugging', 'kissing' & closed intimacy could make you feel shy in front of family. Very few activities are available for children like ‘Dolna’ & ‘Slip’ inside the Barrackpore Mangal Pandey Park, which is famous as Lovers Point. Thus, with family it’s not recommended to go because you will surely spot couples kissing here & there in public.
Entering the park is not Free, Rs.10/- per head taken as entry ticket of Barrackpore Mangal Pandey Park. Apart from seating & roaming around the Mangal Pandey Park, you may have Boat ride on River Ganga. Yes, hand-driven boats are available at Mangal Pandey Ganga Ghat at a nominal charge of Rs.200/- per hour.
• Mangal Pandey Park, Barrackpore, Kolkata Opening & Closing Timings: - The opening & closing time of Barrackpore Mangal Pandey Park as follows –
- November to March month: - Because of winter season and early sunset, Mangal Pandey Park of Barrackpore closes at 5:30pm in the afternoon.
- April to October month: - Because of Late Sunset, Barrackpore Mangal Pandey Park remain open till 6:30pm in the evening.
• Best time to visit Mangal Pandey Park, Barrackpore, Kolkata: - Hundreds of couples gathered here in this Park throughout the day. People tend to avoid visiting in monsoon (Rainy) season. It’s recommended to come in afternoon or late noon) during Summer and anytime during Winter.
• Nearby places to visit from Mangal Pandey Park, Barrackpore, Kolkata: - Do you want to know what are other places to see in Barrackpore? If you have time in hand & want to know names of other tourist places located near Mangal Pandey Park then they are – Gandhi Museum, St. Bartholomew's Cathedral Church (Ghari Girza), Annapurna Temple, and Gandhi Ghat.
• How to go to Mangal Pandey Park? Route map of Mangal Pandey Park, Barrackpore, Kolkata: - Now, let’s discuss where is Mangal Pandey Park, Barrackpore, Kolkata and which route to follow to go to Mangal Pandey Park. It’s very easy to go to Mangal Pandey Park because of excellent transportation options –
- Road route: People want to visit Barrackpore Mangal Pandey Park by Road requested to take Buses towards Barrackpore Court and get off at Barrackpore Rastraguru Surendranath College stoppage. If you got Buses towards Barrackpore Station then get off at Chiriamore stoppage and from Chiriamore take Auto towards Mangal Pandey Park stop on Main Road. Adjacent to Barrackpore Rastraguru Surendranath College, the Road towards Mangal Pandey Park starts.
- Train Route: Take train & come to Barrackpore Railway Station from here take Auto-Rickshaw towards Surendranath College. Buses are also available towards Barrackpore Court via Surendra College from Barrackpore Station stoppage.
- Boat Route: People of other side of Ganga (River Hooghly) should take Boat Service (Ferry service) from Serampore Jugol Addhya Ferry Ghat to Barrackpore Ferry Ghat (Dhobi Ghat). Regular ferry (boat) service is available between Barrackpore & Sreerampore.
Now, few minutes of walk will take you to the Entry Gate of hot & happening Mangal Pandey Park of Barrackpore.
• Accommodations near Mangal Pandey Park, Barrackpore, Kolkata: - Now, let’s check out hotels, lodges, or any kind of rooms on rent are available or not near to Mangal Pandey Park. Those people are looking for accommodation for staying in Barrackpore may contact ‘Malancha Tourist Lodge of WBTDC’ situated near Gandhi Ghat. Other than Government Lodge, people will also get Hotels for lodging nearby Chiriamore area of Barrackpore.
For couples (lovers) looking for safe & secure place to spend hours; it’s recommended to go to Barrackpore Mangal Pandey Park. Parking area is there outside Mangal Pandey Park main entrance gate and Parking Fee taken only Rs.10/- (no time limit). If you want to go to Mangal Pandey Park in Barrackpore with family (brothers, sisters & kids), then it’s recommended to avoid this park because of ‘Sight Pollution’.